Sunil’s clinical practice is surgery of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder.
He obtained his medical degree from Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals in London, and he undertook his specialist orthopaedic training at Oxford. Sunil holds a Masters degree from the University of Oxford and the European Diploma for Hand Surgery.
Sunil’s NHS practice is based at the York District, Malton and Bridlington Hospitals. He consults privately at the Nuffield Hospital and Clifton Park Hospital in York.
Sunil has an active interest in treating sporting injuries, bone and tendon injuries, nerve compression leading to pins and needles, overuse pain and arthritis. He is also a keen musician, and specialises in helping musicians with problems that are stopping them from reaching their full playing potential.
The following conditions are the most commonly seen in Mr Auplish’s clinic:
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder rotator cuff tendon tears
- Shoulder instability / dislocations
- Frozen shoulder / shoulder stiffness
- Elbow arthritis
- Tennis/golfers elbow
- Ulnar nerve compression / cubital tunnel syndrome
- Elbow stiffness
- Elbow instability
Wrist and Hand
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Finger contractures (Dupuytren’s disease)
- Base of thumb arthritis
- Arthritis of the wrist and fingers including rheumatoid arthritis
- Stiff fingers
- Ganglions/lumps and bumps at the wrist and hand
- Clicking/ Trigger finger
- Tendon rupture or irritation/inflammation
- Complex problems that have been difficult to diagnose
- Nerve entrapments at the elbow, forearm and hand causing pins and needles
- Sporting injuries
- Hyperlaxity (double-jointedness)
- Overuse pain and injury including occupational problems
- Pain and weakness in musicians including tendonitis – classical, rock, pop, world music and jazz, all instruments
Despite having a very busy surgical practice, Mr Auplish will discuss all options for treatment. Many of these conditions can be successfully treated without surgery.